the ma in cultural engagement, students will learn how to amplify their voices in public dialogue across a variety of boundaries and contribute their inter-cultural skills to improve contexts such as neighborhoods, communities, systems, and structures. students will evaluate and engage current and emerging social issues with integrity through biblical studies, theological reflection, ethics, organizational leadership, and practical experience while developing authentic relationships with practitioners and leaders across disciplines and occupations.
patty pell received her ba from the university of wyoming and her ma in old testament biblical studies from denver seminary. her passion for justice and reconciliation has led her to spend several summers directing student groups in urban denver, india and kenya as well as teach courses in old testament at bishop balya college in fort portal, uganda. she spends time volunteering with english language learners in the public schools, with refugee service providers and in immigration reform. she has published several books and study guides with intervarsity press.
how can i use this degree?
- amplify your voice in public dialogue across a variety of boundaries and contribute their skills to the improvement of neighborhoods, communities, systems, and structures.
- evaluate and engage social issues through biblical study, christian ethics, organizational leadership and practical experience.
- develop authentic relationships with practitioners and leaders across disciplines.
- minister in organizations providing relief, development, and rescue in the context of social justice issues.
- develop your own ministry in relief, development, and compassion in relation to justice and cultural engagement issues.